The development of nanotechnology provides a new way for the green development of flame retardant technology. Alfa Chemistry designs and develops innovative flame retardants for customers through nanotechnology and nanomaterials.
COLLABORATE WITH ALFA CHEMISTRY TODAY
What Can We Do?
- Combined with the rich flame retardant design experience of Alfa Chemistry material chemists, we can develop innovative flame retardants for our customers using nanotechnology and nanomaterials.
- Our materials chemists have research capabilities on inorganic nano flame retardants, such as ultra-fine processing of inorganic flame retardants. Typical research cases include but are not limited to ultra-fine magnesium hydroxide, ultra-fine aluminum hydroxide, ultra-fine antimony trioxide, etc.
- Our materials chemists are also engaged in the research and development of various polymer nanocomposite flame retardant systems, such as layered silicate nano flame retardant systems, carbon nanotube flame retardant systems, fullerene flame retardant systems, layered Hydroxide flame retardant system, silica nano flame retardant system, etc.
- During the research and development process, our material chemists will fully communicate with customers to understand your needs and ensure satisfactory flame retardant solutions.
Advantages of Nanotechnology for Flame Retardation
- The flame retardant effect of many flame retardants is closely related to its particle size. Therefore, ultra-fine flame retardant compounds can be more uniformly distributed in the flame retardant polymer, which can achieve the ideal flame retardant effect.
- In addition, nanotechnology is currently applied to the flame retardancy of polymers and inorganic nanocomposites. The advantages include reducing the impact on the mechanical properties of the substrate, improving thermal stability, safety performance, etc.
Why Choose Alfa Chemistry?
Experienced team of materials chemists
Leading flame retardant technology
Reliable quality and standards
Fast turnaround times and great prices
Comprehensive and systematic testing and analysis services
Polymer/Layered Silicate Nanocomposites (PLSN)
A few weight percent of layered silicate properly dispersed throughout the polymer matrix create a higher surface area for polymer/filler interaction compared to conventional composites. There are many methods for preparing PLSN, and the most common method at present is intercalation compounding. According to the strength of the interfacial interaction between the polymer matrix and the layered silicate, the schematic diagrams for the preparation of three different types of PLSN are as follows.
Schematically illustration of three different types of thermodynamically achievable PLSN 
Want To Reduce Flammability Risks?
Our experienced team of materials chemistry experts is waiting for you!
Click the button below to get in touch with our flame retardant experts today.
CONTACT AN EXPERT NOW
- Suprakas Sinha Ray, et al. (2003). "Polymer/layered silicate nanocomposites: a review from preparation to processing," Progress in Polymer Science 28(11), 1539-1641.
※ Please kindly note that our products and services are for research use only.